2014年10月6日月曜日

Hello!

Hello, class :)
This is Chihiro Matsukawa.


How many of your guys have interests in biology? Or what do you think about biology? Difficult? hard? or no interests?

I am studying about biology at KCC now. Now my major is Liberal Arts. But I am going to switch it to Animal Science at UHM. My goal is to be the assistant of a vet.
I would like to show you guys the experiment which I do in the biology 171 L class each week. Hope you guys will enjoy my blog!


These picture is from last lab. I used microscope to observe a part of Elodea cell.
The top is in distilled water.                
The bottom is Elodea cells in 0.9 NaCl solution.






 Through this experiment, I leaned about osmosis. The movement of water down the concentration gradient.  Placed in distilled water, water moved in the cells and increased the turgor pressure in plants. Placed in salt water, water moved out the cells and pulled the membrane away from cell walls. This resulted in plasmolysis.





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿